- FG 2013 concluded successfully in Shanghai. Here are some pictures from FG 2013.
- FG 2015 will be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, March 23-27, 2015. Click here for more details.
- FG 2013 Awards were announced on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013. Congratulations to all awardees. A list of awards is available here.
- The conference room for Doctoral Consortium is now moved to the VIP Hall, which is the same room for main conference poster session and just next to registration desks. Doctoral Consortium schedule is available.
- A template for Spotlight Session slide is available. Information for presenters (session chairs, oral presenters, poster presenters, poster spotlights, demo presenters, and demo spotlight) is available.
- Registration is now open. Early registration ends March 20, 2013 11:59pm Pacific time.- This year the Face and Gesture selection process was particularly competitive, resulting in an acceptance rate of about 35%. Only submissions with high novelty and convincing comparison to the state of the art were accepted.
- Call for FG2015 proposals! A letter of intent is due by March 8, 2013 and a full proposal is due by April 7, 2013 (deadline extended).
The IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition is the premier international forum for research in image and video-based face, gesture, and body movement recognition. Its broad scope includes: advances in fundamental computer vision, pattern recognition, computer graphics; machine learning techniques relevant to face, gesture and body motion; new algorithms and applications. The program will consist of single-track oral presentations and poster sessions. Submissions will be rigorously reviewed and should clearly make the case for a documented improvement over the existing state of the art. FG 2013 will be held in Shanghai, which is the economic and financial centre of China. Topics of interest include but are not limited to: